· Receives emergency 9-1-1 and non-emergency police calls from the public and other agencies requesting law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services;
· Documents all calls initiated by patrol officers by entering information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system; contacts appropriate field unit by two-way radio, relays information about the nature and location of the incident, and dispatches unit to location;
· Queries NCIC, NCJIS, SCOPE, MPWV, DMV, and other local, State and national computer files to determine status of vehicles, persons, and property and determine existence of wants and warrants; accesses computer systems to provide information to and request information from other agencies;
· Performs dispatch services for other units including animal control, detectives, crime scene investigators, SWAT, K9, community service officers, and other City agencies; provides assistance with street directions as requested;
· Answers alarms that occur at City hall, Justice Facility, elevators, and other City buildings by determining the location and authenticity of the alarm and notifying the on-duty supervisor when necessary;
· Maintains confidentiality; demonstrates professionalism, compassion, and empathy.
· Performs other duties as required.